Effective date: July 28, 2023
Kids Cartoon Academy and Curious Together LLC (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “DIY”) know that you care about how your Personal Information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children who use our site and applications, and have drafted this policy in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). For more information about COPPA and general tips about protecting children’s online privacy, please visit OnGuard Online.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES KIDS CARTOON ACADEMY COLLECT?
The information we gather from users enables us to provide, personalize and improve our services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on Kids Cartoon Academy and interact with other users through the site. In connection with Kids Cartoon Academy, we request and display some Personal Information to other users and visitors of Kids Cartoon Academy, which allows users to identify one another. We collect the following types of information from our users:
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
During the account registration process, we receive and store the following information: full name of the parent or guardian, full name of the child, parent’s email address (to log into the Members’ Portal at kidscartoonacademy.com), a password for the account (to log into the Members’ Portal at kidscartoonacademy.com), the child’s email if given by the parent for the child to log in on their own to the Community for Kids on Heartbeat (community.kidscartoonacademy.com), the child’s name to log into the live Zoom class and the Community for Kids on Heartbeat, and the child’s birthdate and age (to place them in the correct class and Community for Kids group). Physical addresses may be collected if given by the parent in order to receive prizes and birthday gifts.
Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, we collect a parent or guardian email address before we collect any Personal Information from a child.
We collect credit card information for verification purposes but do not store that information on our servers. We’ve partnered with Stripe to help make verification and payments easier and safer. Stripe meets and exceeds the most stringent industry standards for security. You can learn more about the technical details of Stripe's secure infrastructure here. Kids Cartoon Academy does not store full credit card numbers, but instead, only the last four digits and expiration date.
For contests and sweepstakes, we typically require only the information necessary for a child to participate, such as first name (to distinguish among family members) and parent email address (to notify the parent where required by law). We only contact the parent for more personalized information (such as a mailing address) for prize-fulfillment purposes when the child wins the contest or sweepstakes, or for birthdays so the child may receive a birthday card.
Kids Cartoon Academy does not intentionally collect any Personal Information from children other than the information set out above. However, as part of the functionality of our service in the Community for Kids on Heartbeat, we allow child accounts to upload certain content to the site, including photos, videos, and comments. We take measures to prevent children from communicating Personal Information through these features, but we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of these measures. If you use these features to disclose personally identifiable information, you should be aware that such information could be read, collected, or used by other users and/or third parties. You agree not to provide any personally identifiable information through these features, and we are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you provide using these features.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to create an account or take advantage of many of Kids Cartoon Academy’s special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as obtaining parental consent as set forth above, providing parents with notice of our privacy practices, answering questions, improving the content of Kids Cartoon Academy, responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, attribution for content you submit, customizing the advertising and content you see, allowing you to communicate with other users, and communicating with you about Kids Cartoon Academy’s products and services, including specials and new features.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with Kids Cartoon Academy or use our services. Kids Cartoon Academy automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, browser information, operating system, timezone, device ID, the pages you request, and the actions and path you take on Kids Cartoon Academy.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to Kids Cartoon Academy and how they use its various components. Kids Cartoon Academy only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how users use parts of Kids Cartoon Academy or services so that we can make Kids Cartoon Academy appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use Kids Cartoon Academy or services. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how people use Kids Cartoon Academy or services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Kids Cartoon Academy never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Kids Cartoon Academy if your computer or device supports this type of functionality. Kids Cartoon Academy uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and to improve Kids Cartoon Academy and our services. You can opt out of these communications by sending us an email at [email protected].
MORE ABOUT COOKIES:
WILL DIY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. To be absolutely clear, we do not and will not sell your, or your child’s data.
WITH RESPECT TO A CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Kids Cartoon Academy will not send Personal Information about a child to other companies or people, except when: we have a parent’s consent to share the information or we are required to do so to comply with the law, including for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; to enforce our Terms of Service, or site rules; or to protect the safety and security of our users and site.
- If Kids Cartoon Academy, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Kids Cartoon Academy goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. As set forth below, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Kids Cartoon Academy may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- User profile information including users’ emails and profiles and content, email address, and other information you enter (“User Submissions”), may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within Kids Cartoon Academy.
WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN A CHILD’S PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We share such Personal Information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through Kids Cartoon Academy. In other situations, Kids Cartoon Academy may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- Service Providers: We engage third party companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf (e.g., software maintenance services, advertising serving technologies, e-mail service providers, delivery services, database management, web analytics, payment processing and other services). These third parties have access to your information so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are prohibited by us from using or disclosing your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, except to the extent required by law. We may permit our service providers to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Kids Cartoon Academy, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Kids Cartoon Academy goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Kids Cartoon Academy or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of Kids Cartoon Academy and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the any applicable law, regulation or other legal requirement; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Kids Cartoon Academy, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your child’s Kids Cartoon Academy account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Kids Cartoon Academy endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Kids Cartoon Academy cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on Kids Cartoon Academy or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Kids Cartoon Academy allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating or deleting that information. This list will change as Kids Cartoon Academy changes.
- Real (full) name of parent and child
- Account and user profile information
- User e-mail address
- Child’s address if you choose to provide it
- Username and password
- User preferences
- Billing preferences
Parents may review information relating to their account at any time by logging on to the Members Portal section of the website and into the Community for Kids hosted on Heartbeat (www.community.kidscartoonacademy.com)
A parent can also contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete Personal Information by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
Please note that Personal Information about a child may remain in backup storage for up to four weeks after a request for deletion of that child’s data. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
WHEN DOES KIDS CARTOON ACADEMY OBTAIN PARENTAL CONSENT?
Consent by purchase
In order to participate in Kids Cartoon Academy, a parent or guardian must purchase access by providing their credit card information (note: “Free Trials” are considered “purchases” for the purpose of consent). In so doing, the parent or guardian grants us permission to collect necessary Personal Information from their child. This kind of credit card verification is in compliance with COPPA and ensures an adult is the one signing a child up for Kids Cartoon Academy.
Content generated by a child
Certain activities on our sites and applications allow children to create or manipulate content (like photos, videos and comments) and save it within Kids Cartoon Academy. By registering and creating an account for your child on Kids Cartoon Academy, you grant us permission to share your child’s content within Kids Cartoon Academy, and to share your child’s content publicly on our social media channels as long as it does not contain Personal Information.
Certain activities allow users to communicate directly with other users by means of a comment system. Users should refrain from revealing personal information in these comments and are prohibited from doing so. We employ live moderation and/or encourage other users to flag inappropriate communications. We strongly encourage children who use these interactive features on our sites and applications never to provide Personal Information about themselves or any third party, and certainly never to attempt to circumvent our moderation. We also recommend that parents carefully supervise their children when the children participate in online activities.
WHEN WILL DIY E-MAIL ME?
We may use your contact information to send emails to you about DIY and other related topics that may be of interest to users of DIY. You can opt out of these communications by sending us an email at [email protected] but you will miss important information related to your account, membership, and purchases.
As part of Kids Cartoon Academy’s services, you may receive email and other communication relating to your child’s User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Kids Cartoon Academy may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion to be related to your User Submissions.
WHEN WILL KIDS CARTOON ACADEMY E-MAIL MY CHILD?
When joining the Community for Kids or our live Zoom classes, some parents may decide to join using the child’s email address so that the child can log in to the Community. When parents opt to do that, children may receive notifications and updates about the program and their membership at that email address.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on Kids Cartoon Academy, please send a detailed message to Kids Cartoon Academy via email at [email protected] or contact us at
Kids Cartoon Academy 1303 chamberlain Ave Chattanooga TN 37404 USA
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. Please note that if you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to call us.
Effective Date: July 21, 2023